Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Vote

I voted for Obama a few hours ago. No, I'm not an American citizen. In fact my vote didn't count. I voted on campus, my vote was part of an experiment on students attending American univerisites abroad.
Obama is my choice because he is different. Not racially, ok not only racially. He comes from a different background and his ideas are different than the republican presidents before him.
Obama is going to bring change or atleast he is going to open up the possibility of bring changing to America and the world.
Even though I want him to win, I'm really worried. He survived two assasination attempts, in Colorado and Tennessee. Part of me thinks of him as the next JFK, but JFK was assasinated. This thought doesn't help at all.

PS:- his Kenyan tribe, the Luo left Sudan hundreds of years ago to settle in present-day Kenya. Could we be related?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree that Obama is different, and I hope he'll bring change.

But, let's not get carried away into thinking this is the beginning of great things. Look at who he appointed as his chief of staff. Rahm Emanuel is ex-CIA, and his father was a Zionist fighter.

Kinda scary don't you think?

Kushite said...

Yes it is Sarah. I don't belive he is going to bring alot of change to be honest. Does he have the power to change things really? the president isnt the sole decision-maker in the US

Anonymous said...

Obama is definitely different, but I'm not sure if he will bring any change.. I hope that he would though for the world's sake..

Let's keep are fingers crossed!